1) I don’t like a single cereal1. That would be too simple. No, I like a one-of-a-kind, limited-edition cereal mix: granola, Heart Healthy, Barbara’s little hexagonal things that remind me of wheat chex, some sort of pine-needle-bran-thing, etc.
2) I make the mix in a giant tupperthing.
3) My kitchen is a mess (all part of the massive house reorg happening at the moment) — boxes all over the place, things in sink that don’t belong in sink, etc.
4) The only place to make the cereal mix was with the tupperthing balanced on the side of the sink.
5) You see where this is going.
6) Yah Dyson!
1 Actually there are several cereals that can “stand alone” in my book; unfortunately they’re all “sugar bombs”: Coco Puffs, Golden Grahams, Cap’t. Crunch, etc. I just can’t get past the guilt that would be involved eating a bowl of straight sugar in the morning, hence the “healthy mix” (and a load of Splenda on top). Yes, I know that the result is probably just as unhealthy as the oh-so-nummy-sugar-bomby-goodness would be, but the perception… (/guilt)