- paint your nails occasionally
- sometime, when you think of it, forget to tighten lid on a bottle of nailpolish
- set said nailpolish bottle on your bedside table
- knock it over
- discover it several days later
- bemoan the slow leak which has become a puddle, affixing your bottle to the tabletop
- pry the sucker off, using a screwdriver
- bemoan the fact that you took some of the nightstand varnish with the bottle
- use the nailpolish to refinish the bit of the nightstand you just de-varnished (well, it’s not like it was a *nice* nightstand)
- return nailpolish to its rightful home (the spiceracks on the closet wall where all the nailpolishes live…clever, eh?)
- for a long time
- decide, on the spur of the moment, that you need to paint your nails (heck, you’re going out to see Xanadu…now that’s a nailpolish-worthy occasion)
- try three bottles of nailpolish whose caps are thoroughly stuck on (it has been a while since you’ve painted your nails, hasn’t it?)
- think about using your teeth to open one of the stuck ones
- think about the three crowns you already have and decide that’s a bad idea (for once!)
- find a bottle of nailpolish whose cap seems to be willing to turn, if somewhat reluctantly
- grab the bottle in one hand and the cap in the other and tttwwwwwwiiiiiiiissssssttttt
- look down at thumb
- notice the blood
- realize that there’s a knife-like shard of dried nailpolish stuck to the side of the bottle that you just dragged your thumb across
- wonder why there’s this flat, sharp nailpolish blob on the bottle
25. remember the nightstand
26. find the liquid bandage
13 thoughts on “Stupid way to injure yourself, #112”
Great idea with the spice rack. I might just have to try that. I think this entry is a perfect excuse for you to go buy some new nail polish. :)
Beware! Nailpolish is *dangerous*!!! ;-)
I found the spice racks cheap at World Market and they work great!
pwahahahaha! (excuse my sense of humor)
I didn’t know you were the walking wounded for Xanadu!
(well, aside from the obvious you know)
But it was lovely to see you also.
We should do stuff…..
We should. What are your weeekday evenings like? Wanna come over and watch a chick flick, drink some wine and knit?
I would enjoy that very much! Weekday evenings are open for the most part.
Just out of curiousity, would tomorrow night (Wed.) work? I’m free…(and have wine, a partially completed sweater and a biggum TV)…
Wednesday would be great. (I have wine also and a partially completed buttonhole bag..)
email me a time and directions to
kah at nc dot rr dot com
You realize this is why we love you, right?
Because of my propensity to injure myself in stupid ways?
Oh well, at least I’ll never lack for affection, then…
lol.. sunday night humor before bed…. good dream should follow
Hopefully you’ll sleep the night through!
i almost did…. i got up once, but then fell asleep again fairly quickly…which is an improvement!
And I thought I had an interesting way of attracting the weirdest accidents!