My Brushes with Greatness:
- the obvious Mike Mills one
- I met Oscar from The Bionic Man when I was 8 or 9 (I don’t even remember where… I just remember going)
- I met Cletus from the Dukes of Hazzard (at a car show. My little brother was big into car shows). At the time I had a broken ankle (skateboarding incident), and he signed my cast. I regret that I no longer have said cast.
- I met David Hasselhoff. And K.I.T.T. (but I’m not sure he was the real K.I.T.T. I am pretty sure it was the real David Hasselhoff.) This was another auto show thing. There was, at one point, even a picture of an incredibly geeky 14-year-old me with said Hasselhoff. No, I don’t know where the picture is now. I think I gave it to an ex-BF who appreciated the pop-culture humor that Hasselhoff embodies.
- I just saw Andre Agassi in Vegas last week (he was sitting 30 ft. away waiting for a media op WRT his charity concert)
- I’ve met Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew) … yes I was wearing my R2D2 costume at the time
- Peter Buck (also of R.E.M.) signed a Guitar Pick for me
- Penn & Teller. I have an MP3 of one of them (probably the one that does talk, eh?) talking to me
- More music folks that I’ve spoken with:
- Iris DeMent
- Tift Merritt
- Lloyd Cole
- Livingston Taylor
Oh golly, I know there are tons more than this, if for no other reason than I’m a completely brazen hussy when it comes to talking to people.